This Page

has been moved to new address

FBFF: Inspiration

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: FBFF: Inspiration

Friday, April 22, 2011

FBFF: Inspiration

This is my second week in participating in Katy's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday questions. This marks her one year anniversary of FBFF, so she's asking the same questions this week that she asked one year ago. A good idea, since you're constantly being inspired by different things throughout your life.


1. Which celebrities do you look to for fashion inspiration?
I like the young, laid back, yet presentable (and sometimes professional) looks from people like Nicole Richie, Lauren Conrad, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, and Ashley Tisdale. Each of these women have their own unique style that is totally inspiring to me. I highly recommend Lauren's book, Style, and MKA's book, Influence, for style tips and other inspiration.





2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you? 
After starting my blog, I'm very much inspired by other blogger's outfits (more than by celebrities). I do still find tons of inspiration from the runway, magazines ads and editorials, but I'm drawn to the 'real' aspect of blogging. We all are our own stylist, hair and makeup team, so you really get to see how real people pull it all together.

3. How do you hope to inspire your readers? 
I hope to inspire my readers to try things they normally wouldn't (tribal print pants, marble nails)- taking an idea or feeling I create and translating it to fit their style. Whether it's an outfit, DIY idea, nail art, food or a movie, I want to bring something exciting and creative for someone to be inspired by. It's good to break out of your comfort zone every now and then.

4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you? 
I'm very much inspired by people living life the way they want, even if that means forgoing convention. I'm inspired when I see people living their dream and being passionate about the life they lead. Movies greatly inspire me- my early life was very much inspired by Disney movies- because of them, I was inspired to try surfing, snowboarding, and other things; but now, I'm inspired when I see things like The September Issue, Mamma Mia and Into the Wild (that was a close one, let me tell you). Other things outside of fashion that inspire me: good graphic design, nature, learning about new philosophies, Martha Stewart and home making (even though I don't have one of my own yet), and Pottery Barn catalogs.

5. And since Idol is ending… Which songs inspire you?
I don't watch Idol, but sorry for those of you who do- (bittersweet?) you get to find out who wins, but then it ends. One song that inspires me is "Every LIttle Thing Counts" by Janus Stark. (It's from one of my favorite movies, Disturbing Behavior.) More than just the lyrics, it reminds me of a time in my life when I did my own thing and didn't care about what people thought. Other songs that inspire me (obviously) come from musicals, and others that are way too many to list!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At April 22, 2011 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Freya said...

I love Ashley Tisdale's style too, she nails LA cool.
I also get a lot of inspiration from other bloggers too, especially Karen Blachard from Where Did U Get That, and I love Fashion Zen too, both really great blogs, but then again, I love a lot of blogs! (including yours, of course!)
Great post!

xo

 
At April 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Josie said...

I loooove Lauren Conrad's style! Absolute perfection.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At April 22, 2011 at 11:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the olsens have such a transcendental style i think. they're amazing. great choice for inspiration.

 
At April 23, 2011 at 1:50 AM , Blogger Cam said...

the most inspiring form the menioned girls is in my opinion nicole richie . I really like the post, I find it very interesting ;;)

http://letthefashionrocks.blogspot.com/

 
At April 23, 2011 at 2:08 AM , Blogger TheChambrayCountess said...

I like all of your celebrity inspirations and I totally agree with you on question #2 especially!

Have a great weekend!

 
At April 23, 2011 at 5:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Olsen book too, there is so much in it to be inspired by. Nicole Richie looks amazing too. I love what you said about being our own stylist that is so true and easy to forget that we are solely responsible for our appearance!
Linda

 
At April 23, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Kendra said...

I loved The September issue! That Anna Wintour is a fierce bitch but Grace Coddington is the real brains behind the Vogue enterprise, methinks!

 
At April 23, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Colleen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I see what you mean about breaking down an outfit now. Crazy.

 
At April 24, 2011 at 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely love Nicole Richie's style !

Adjila

 
At April 24, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous Oh to Be a Muse said...

what a lovely FBFF. i adore Lauren's and the Olsen's styles too. and i also get some inspiration from movies. :)

 
At April 25, 2011 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Mode Plus said...

I also like Lauren (even though I didn't mention a celebrity). Her style is very casual chic, which I find very practical for the European weather. Thank you for stopping by :)

 
At April 27, 2011 at 4:32 AM , Blogger Michelle Lee said...

i always love reading your interviews, F&Qs and outfit posts meaning everything :)

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home