This Page

has been moved to new address

Who Am I? (FTF Blog Event 4/6)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Who Am I? (FTF Blog Event 4/6)

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Who Am I? (FTF Blog Event 4/6)

Full Time Fabulous blogger, Kristy Elena, is hosting her first monthly blog event over at the official Sunglasses Hut blog (that she blogs for after winning their professional blogger contest!). It is a United Nations type theme, with each participating blogger posting something visual that represents their heritage and place they live. As you've guessed, I am participating in this month's event and chose to do a digital collage to help portray who I am.

I want to extend a warm thank you to Kristy for putting this together and assembling a bunch of bloggers to create a fabulous new community. If you want to join the FTF Community, go here or check out the Full Time Fabulous blog for more information.


First, the title of this post refers to my favorite song in Les Miserables, "Who Am I?"...

About this collage:
  • I love musicals, song-and-dance type old films (and old films in general). I grew up doing musical theater and have great memories because of it.
  • The Hairspray pic- I went to NYC and saw it on Broadway. That concludes the musical part of the post, and it brings us to...
  • The circus! One of the best things about living in south Florida is diversity and access to so much entertainment (yes I know, I'm like a 5yr old when it comes to the circus and performing arts...)
  • The culinary diversity is fantastic here- you never know what you have until you travel someplace else. One of my favorite kinds of food that I've grown to like is of the spanish/mexican/colombian variety. (see the empanadas and pico de gallo? yum!)
  • The weather is fantastic until you get into summer (too hot and rainy in the first half). Pools are a big plus (I don't have one- that pic on the top left is at my friend's house), but if you don't have access to one, there's always...
  • The beach! I live where you vacation- enough said.
  • The fire boot pic was taken at my aunt's house. She lives in the country and my sister, cousins and I have fun exploring it and the surrounding woods. (Also doing bonfires and eating s'mores!!)
  • We have awesome sunsets here... even better when viewed from the roof.
  • My heritage- probably 3/4 English and 1/4 German, but I'm 100% American. I took a trip to England a few years ago to see my 'homeland.' :) My people are there (you know, the pale ones?)

Thank you for reading a bit about me. Be sure to check out the FTF page and click the links to see what everyone else posted (your favorite bloggers are there!). If you didn't get a chance to sign up, you can always go rogue and do a post like this on your own :)

xx Kara

Labels: , , , ,

26 Comments:

At April 6, 2011 at 7:07 AM , Anonymous Statementadf said...

Hi first time visiting your site because of this great blog event by Kristy. I like your choise of topics on your blog. But more important love your collage and the use of transperancy. Hope you have the time to see my item on the blog event.

xo

 
At April 6, 2011 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is awesome! I love how you placed the faint florida map throughout your collage. These are awesome pictures!! I'm glad to hear you like musicals. I work in theatre professionally :)

 
At April 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Carolann DeMatos said...

I love your collage approach. How thoughtful, colorful, artistic and special. I love it! The sushi, the map overlays, the flat shoes ... it tells me so much about you in just one quick glance. Yeah ftfcommunity.

Carolann | wonderpuggraphics.com/blog

 
At April 6, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Blogger KT said...

Love the collage! Did you put it together in Photoshop? I've never seen a digital version that looks this great, especially with all the bold colors! - Katy

 
At April 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM , Blogger FASHION TALES said...

What a fantastic visual board! I love the images, you can really feel your sense of home. -xxoo

 
At April 6, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Oh to Be a Muse said...

lovely collage--that's so creative. love Hairspray!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Anna said...

the quote "I live where you vacation" it applies to me too! (I'm from Greece)
Nice collage (I love collages)...I'd like to visit your place one day...(I also like to travel)

Love
Anna
http://designedbyann.wordpress.com

 
At April 6, 2011 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Kristy Elena said...

amazing collage girl!!! i love collages so much and tend to do them digitally as well. you did an awesome job, i love the blending of the photos and map visible underneath. i love that you incorporated so many different aspects of your life and the things that matter to you. wonderful post!

thank you for participating!!!

Kristy Eléna - Full Time Fabulous
Vogue Gone Rogue
Twitter: @kristyelena

 
At April 6, 2011 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Sweet said...

WOW the collage is really beautiful...I seriously love it...I also love sunsets I hope I can visit their soon...and watch how beautiful the sunset is...I also love going to the beaches...I think that is really an awesome place...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

 
At April 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM , Blogger FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

Loved getting to know you better girl! Loving this collage....xo

 
At April 6, 2011 at 3:45 PM , Blogger TheChambrayCountess said...

The collage is awesome! I loved learning about you through pictures :)
(It's funny bc I did a post on moodboards today, so we are on the same wavelength!)

 
At April 6, 2011 at 4:04 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I live where you vacation...I LOVE that!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Marissa said...

Beautiful collage. I'm having so much fun reading everyone's entries for this event!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Anonymous Ashley said...

Great collage! I'm based in NYC but will be moving to South Florida soon. So it was nice to see your visual interpretation of my soon to be home =)

 
At April 6, 2011 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Hey, almost-title-twin! ;)

You did such a great job with this, I love how you brought so much diversity into it. I've only been to Florida two times, I think, to visit my grandparents who vacation in Fort Myers in the winter months.

Oh, and the boot picture is my absolute new favorite thing. Gorgeous!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Nice collage! Sounds like you live in a lovely place, especially because it's warm all year!

I am new to your blog thanks to the FTF community! Nice blog! :)

- Heidi
http://msfashinista.blogspot.com

 
At April 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Beverley said...

This is so creative, i love the collage, but i love reading the description even more! looks like you're definitely a big fan of musicals, do you have a favorite?

 
At April 6, 2011 at 10:42 PM , Blogger citizen rosebud said...

You live where we vacation- well put. And what a beautiful sunset!

 
At April 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Fabienne Jach said...

You did such a nice job telling your story with the collage. I'm really enjoying learning about everyone who participated!
:) f
The House in the Clouds

 
At April 7, 2011 at 3:10 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

As others have said, I love how you incorporated the map into your collage. That was brilliant. As were the images you selected. I love Les Mis, and share your passion for musicals and old films. I can never get enough of them. And that boot pic is fierce. Perfect! Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us!

 
At April 7, 2011 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Cátia Couto said...

Haha thanks! Good luck to you too :)

xoxo ;*
http://itscocovintage.blogspot.com/

 
At April 8, 2011 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Hi sweetie, I love this post! So lovely meeting you. Sending you big hugs from this pale one :D

x Anika
http://byanika.com
@AnikaByAnika

 
At April 8, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Audrey Allure said...

I love musicals too! I try to catch a Broadway show every now & then :)

 
At April 8, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Job well done on the collage!!! I am thoroughly enjoying the FTF group! Everyone is expressing this topic so differently, it's been wonderful reading!!

I LOVE MUSICALS!!!-My mom took me to my first when I was 9 and I see one at least a couple times a year now. Les Mis is one of my favorites!!

 
At April 8, 2011 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Michelle Lee said...

love your collage and seems like fulltimefabulous is a great community!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Heather Fonseca said...

Hi Kara,
Nice to know more about you! Somehow I totally missed this particular full time fabulous event but next time I hope to contribute. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day.

Love
Heather
http://thestyleconfessions.com/

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home