This Page

has been moved to new address

FBFF ~ Favorite Spring Trends

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: FBFF ~ Favorite Spring Trends

Friday, April 8, 2011

FBFF ~ Favorite Spring Trends

This is my first time participating in FBFF (Fashion & Beauty Friend Friday), hosted by Katy at Modly Chic. This week's question was 'what are your 5 favorite trends to see or wear this Spring?' Here are some of my favorites:

1. Tassels
I love these tassel belts that have been seen on the runways lately. (I can think of a new purpose for my cords from graduation!) They're great on anything from shoes to purses.


 2. Feathers
Feather extensions are a really cool way to incorporate some flair into your look. In an otherwise simple outfit, they add a cool factor that's fashion-forward and unique. I like the extensions, but also one long feather earring or other kinds of feathers incorporated into your look can do wonders for your spring style.


 3. Bright lips
Bright colors are always the fastest way to liven up your look and catapult you right out of the winter slump. I've only dabbled with bright lipsticks before because I thought they were too much for me, but after wearing it out, I got a bunch of compliments and changed my opinion.


 4. Spikes
My knees weakened when I first caught sight of Burberry's spiked shoulder trench. Since then, I have a renewed interest in spikes and plan to DIY something soon. Which leads me to my last thing...

5. D.I.Y.s
I've been getting a ton of great DIY ideas from blogs like the Glamourai and Style Scrapbook this week and can't wait to get creative with my hands (opposed to on the computer). As seen in the street style pics at fashion weeks, DIY items always give you that little something extra and make you stand out against the crowd (same with vintage). And as always, if you can craft something inspired by a designer version for a fraction of the price, more power to you.

Thank you for reading my first FBFF, and please be sure to check out what everyone else posted here!

Have a great weekend!
xx Kara

Labels: , , ,

19 Comments:

At April 8, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Cátia Couto said...

I love the bright lips and spikes trends!

xoxo ;*
http://itscocovintage.blogspot.com/

 
At April 8, 2011 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I loooove feathers!

 
At April 8, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Freya said...

I'm loving Tassels and spikes too!
Love colour blocking and stripes also!

xo

 
At April 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving all of this!!! I just bought my first orange lipstick...well actually my first lipstick since high school's adventures in dark lipstick, lol- bad situation.

 
At April 8, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Blogger danielle said...

bright lips, spikes and feathers! i've been doing feathers for a few years and spikes are my favorite embellishment. i'm new to the bright lips, but the color i chose was pink! so yes yes yes to those three!
btw, that diy highlight was brilliant. i'd never heard of that blog before so i'm following that now too! thanks! :)

 
At April 8, 2011 at 6:29 PM , Anonymous Oh to Be a Muse said...

definitely agree about the spikes and feathers, when done right. can't wait to purchase some for spring!

 
At April 8, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

I'll take tassels, bright lips and spikes please!! Hope you have a great weekend Kara! xo

 
At April 8, 2011 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Judy said...

really loving bright lips! I keep experimenting with new lip colors - so fun!

xx.
Judy

 
At April 8, 2011 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Cam said...

bright lips and spikes rock ;))

http://letthefashionrocks.blogspot.com/

 
At April 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Dana said...

I quite like the feathers and spikes, the rest I have mixed feelings :)

http://danaisnotdated.blogspot.com/

 
At April 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM , Blogger TheChambrayCountess said...

I love all your picks!!! I was just reading a DIY tassel belt snippet in InStyle and totally want to try it!

 
At April 9, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Heather Cavanaugh said...

I love all your picks! I can NOT get enough of the feathers! I also have so many DIY projects that I want to get around to doing this spring.

http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

 
At April 10, 2011 at 12:33 AM , Blogger Jamie-Lee Burns said...

Did you see the WWWD diy for the burberry trench? Pretty clever if you ask me! And omg have to try out that glamourai one.. it's been sitting in my diy folder for forever! x

 
At April 10, 2011 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Audrey Allure said...

I'm definitely loving the feather extensions trend too!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Zarna said...

i'm loving bold lips & feather extensions!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely loving the bright lip color. Such a fun trend!

XOXO,

Britt + Whit
www.brittandwhit.com

 
At April 10, 2011 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have jumped on the DIY wagon as well. I just needed a little motivation. So I will definitely be rocking more handmade fashions!

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are so much fun! I love these styles you've featured. DIY's are really fun, I love reading them.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Tamara Suprobo Putri said...

Bright lips are my favorite!

Tam
Word[Ad]Dict

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home