This Page

has been moved to new address

Blogger of the Month (April): Jamie-Lee

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Blogger of the Month (April): Jamie-Lee

Friday, April 1, 2011

Blogger of the Month (April): Jamie-Lee

This month's featured blogger is Jamie from page sixxx. I found her blog a few months ago and quickly became addicted to her gorgeous photos, beautiful backdrops, upbeat attitude and amazing style. If there was one blogger's closet (and jewelry box) I'd love to raid, hands down, it's Jaime-lee's.


Location? Wellington, New Zealand
Occupation? I work as an Executive Assistant
Age? 23

How did you come up with the name of your blog? If I recall correctly, the name had originally had a different purpose - It was over a few drinks with a friend when discussing names for an online magazine... which is yet to eventuate!
How did you first get into blogging and why? I've actually been blogging on and off since I was about 13. I started with a Livejournal, as I liked the idea of keeping a track of what was happening in my life then moved on to my own domain which I designed the layout for, and then more recently in the last few years, I started a fashion blogs as I have a keen interest in it, and I love the idea of having a project outside of work. I think pagesixxx is probably my third fashion blog, but it's the first one that I've managed to keep at for more than just a few months.
What does an average day look like for you? It always starts with me deciding what I'm going to wear for the day, lol. On a weekday, I go to work from 8:30am-5pm and once I get home I'll usually go for a run - anywhere from 7-13km - and then I might go out for dinner or drinks with friends, have a movie night, catch up on blogs or do a bit of reading.
How do you handle it when you just can’t think of anything to write about? Writer's block, I hate it! I usually don't try to force myself to write anything, I think if it's forced the reader can tell. Usually I have something on the back of my mind, but sometimes it just takes me a little longer to form the text, which is a bit of a challenge but there's nothing wrong with that.


Who do you look up to within the blogosphere/fashion industry & why? This may sound cliche, but I really llok up to figures like Anna Della Russo for her absolute fearlessness in what she wears, that it sometimes almost borders on being outlandish but with her confidence she pulls it off. I find those types of people incredible, as others can be very judgemental, and it's great to see they have the confidence to wear whatever they like without giving this a thought!
Would you like blogging to become your full time job? I've never really thought about it that way - It's hard to tell what opportunities are there for you in the future so anything is possible!
Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road? Well.. in 6 months I'll be in the US & Canada with one of my best friends so I imagine momentarily my blog will become a visual feast chronicling my travels, but I guess aside from that I hope to maintain a similar aesthetic to what I have now and see how trends evolve, and my style with it. Essentially I see my blog as one of growth - it's like looking back on a photo album, except here I have a myriad of photographs and am able to track how I feel about certain things.
What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog? I usually try to spend a lot of time with my friends - trying to convince some to join me on my mission to try every restaurant and cafe in Wellington - I go shopping (probably should do less of this), watch movies, play video games, bake cookies etc.
 

What advice would you give to new bloggers? This is probably the same advice as most other bloggers give out, but I would say, create good original content with high quality photos, and write about what you want to write about. Your blog should be a reflection of you and the things you love.
What mistakes/ realizations have you come to throughout your journey as a blogger? I think I never realised how much hard work having a blog can be. Sometimes, there just isn't time to take photographs or to update my blog, and I think the biggest thing is responding to comments and in particular questions. I try to respond to most of the comments I get (I would say about 3/4), and I love discovering new blogs but sometimes it is very easy to lag behind!
How do you describe your personal style? Quite girly, with a touch of edginess
Who are your influences/ fashion favorites? I would have to say ladies like Alexa Chung, Kate Bosworth and Olivia Palermo
What role does your budget play in shaping your style? I'm quite lucky to have amassed a large collection of clothing over the years - I've worked since I was 14, and while at uni I worked 30+, and in my last year I was doing up to 60 hours a week so was able to fund my shopping addiction while I was still studying. But in saying that, I don't think that money equals style. A lot of it has to do with finding well cut pieces in a nice fabric, that suit your body type. Some of the things I wear the most and love and some of the cheaper things in my wardrobe. Besides, style is subjective.
Whose closet would you most like to raid? I think Olivia Palermo, her mix of high and low is always so spot on.


If you could trade places with any other person for a week (famous or not, living or dead, real or fictional) who would it be? That is a tough one.. I think it would have to be Marie Attoinette, whilst the French were still enamoured with her.
Ever been to another country or state that you liked better then where you currently live? This is hard, because I love Wellington so much, yet there are numerous other places I've been to that I loved! I think my top two would have to be Melbourne, Australia and Paris, France.
What are some things on your bucket list? Go on a hot air balloon ride, go whale watching, learn to speak French fluently
What is your personal motto? Always try to see the positive side in everything, and don't take life too seriously
What is your secret dream? to own a chocolate shop in France. Maybe a la Chocolat
 A phrase you use far too often? lovely. everything is lovely.


 Thank you, Jamie!
Visit page sixxx here.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At April 1, 2011 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the interview with one of my fave kiwi bloggers, Miss Jamie-Lee. I love your illustrations of her too. Good post.

 
At April 1, 2011 at 3:47 PM , Blogger FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

Seriously, I am in awe of your illustrations!! You are so talented. Jamie-lee is awesome too! xo

 
At April 1, 2011 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Isabel said...

i love jamies blog!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Michelle Lee said...

love the interview and these photos
so inspiring :)

 
At April 1, 2011 at 10:11 PM , Blogger this free bird said...

i am a fan of her blog - those little red shoes are something else! and your drawings are amazing, kara. you have a real gift for this stuff. never give up on it.

xoxo,
carrie

 
At April 2, 2011 at 8:13 PM , Blogger TheChambrayCountess said...

Great interview- as always- and I will have to check out her blog!

 
At April 3, 2011 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Barbro Andersen said...

What an amazing interview; and girl! She's absolutely right about the responding to comments: it's so much work and really takes a lot of time - I'm so embarrassed that I'm not able to answer every single one of them.

 
At April 3, 2011 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Ellinor Forje said...

Lovely write up. How did you cartoonize the photos? Thanks for sharing and drop by me too,soon.

Cheers.

 
At April 5, 2011 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Cátia Couto said...

Congrats :D
BTW, I have a new post! If you want you can check it :)

xoxo ;*
http://itscocovintage.blogspot.com/

 
At April 29, 2011 at 2:25 AM , Blogger Louise said...

I love your illustrations!! Great job!!

 
At May 7, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Karima said...

amazing! love her style :)

http://dresscodezero.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home