This Page

has been moved to new address

Tassels on Sunday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Tassels on Sunday

Monday, April 11, 2011

Tassels on Sunday

 Urban Outfitters blazer, Vintage bag, F21 ring, Michael Stars tee, Express skirt, Dolce Vita shoes

This is what I wore yesterday for church service and running errands (changed into flats for that). My photographer/sister, Megan (who was sick btw but powered through and took these shots for me- thank you!) and I found this little loading dock area that was deserted and found a way to get in there to take these pictures. (There's something I love about loading docks/dirty industrial places being the backdrop of my photos- the juxtaposition of ugly and pretty.)

If you saw my tweet yesterday, then you'd be expecting to see some tassels in action. This one was my 'silver cord' from high school (the one good thing that came out of school.. j/k) I just tied it around my waist and: instant belt (no need to buy one!) I have 2 more in other colors that I'm going to try incorporating into my looks this season, so be on the look-out for those! Hope this inspires you to try the tassel trend (for free if you still have your cords!)

Oh, how cool is this nail color?? It's Essie's Turquoise & Caicos- I can't get enough, I want to shout from the rooftops that everyone has to buy it  ;)


Freeing the hair. I like this pic because (its cool?) and you can't see what my face looks like when I'm flinging my head backwards ha!


..................................................................

Update: This look was featured on Glamour.com! Check it out here.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At April 11, 2011 at 8:09 PM , Blogger FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

I adore that skirt Kara! And of course those tassels are so chic and on trend. Fab look girl! xo

 
At April 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM , Blogger danielle said...

that picture with the crazy hair is crazy cool. the nail polish is amazing- i actually tried and failed to find it at cvs today. and i LOVE those shoes. oh dolce vita. they're right up there as a brand with jeffrey campbell.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Tabitha said...

Tassels are the poo right now and I love the way you're sporting them!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Marissa said...

I love Turquoise & Caicos... almost as much as I love those shorts!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Michelle Lee said...

love your skirt
and i want tassels too great outfit!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 11:20 PM , Blogger From Suns To Moons said...

The tassels, the nail polish, the hair-whipping... You are having way too much fun.

 
At April 12, 2011 at 12:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

loooove the tassel belt and white blazer! i'm totally trying to get a white blazer in my wardrobe. Your outfit screams spring...yay!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Anonymous Paris in Pink said...

You look darling in this outfit. Love the tassels - such a fun addition. I'm also going through a turquoise nail polish obsession phase! So perfect for Spring :)

Hugs xx

Camille @ Paris in Pink

 
At April 12, 2011 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Baby Budget Blog said...

Tassels are so in right now! I love how you wear yours!!

www.plentyforpennies.com

Come enter my skull bracelet giveaway!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Cute outfit! Love the blazer and skirt. :)

 
At April 12, 2011 at 11:28 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those shoes rock and that last pic is so fun!

 
At April 13, 2011 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Cam said...

such a cute outfit ;-)

 
At April 13, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous Mattie said...

Kara, this is lovely. The floral skirt is one my favorite things about this outfit. I will totally be heading to the store to get Turquoise & Caicos - such a fabulous color!!!! I've seriously been looking for shade just like that for weeks. The tassels are awesome and those shoes are lustworthy.

You literally look like spring :)

 
At April 16, 2011 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Sweet said...

your outfit is so sweet...I love the skirt and the tassel belt....plus the last photo of you is really cool :D favorite!!!

Kisses
Sweet

PensandLens
@mistytewest

 
At April 21, 2011 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Mandy Koster said...

Love the shoes!
Thanks for your comment on my blog: MENNEPEN

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home