This Page

has been moved to new address

Spring Beauty Essentials

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Spring Beauty Essentials

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Beauty Essentials

When it comes to makeup and beauty routines, I admit that I'm not the best at having a regular routine. There's more days than not when I go out without makeup (or use very little of it) and days when I don't wash my face and moisturize like I should (you know you do it too!). But when I do get a good routine going, my skin always looks 10x better, without fail. Here are some of my favorite tried-and-true products to get you through spring.


1. [LAVANILLA] Vanilla Coconut 1.7oz Eau de Parfum Spray $58
2. [PhilosophySupernatural Superbeautiful - Good-For-Skin Makeup SPF 20 $30
3. [Fekkai] Glossing Sheer Shine Mist $21
4. [DiorDior Addict Lip Glow $29
5. [MAKE UP FOR EVERSens'Eyes - Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser $23
6. [Tarte] Clean Slate Primer $30
7. [Philosophy] Hope Springs Eternal- Deep Sea Revitalizing Mask $25
8. [Bare EscentualsbareMinerals Blush $18
9. [Organix] Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo $7
10. [BenefitBADgal Plum Mascara $19
11. [Neutrogena] MicroMist Tanning Sunless Spray $7
12. [Liken PlantUnscented Deodorant $4.50
13. [Bare EscentualsbareMinerals SPF 15 Matte Foundation $28
14. [Bare EscentualsBuffing Brushes The Essential Collection $49
15. [MuradAcne Treatment Concealer $21
16. [Avalon Organics] Sweet Orange & Bergamot Lotion $8
17. [CaudaliePremier Cru La Crème $150
18. [CaudalieHand And Nail Cream $19
19. [Benefit] Hoola Bronzer $28
20. [BlissTriple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask $52
21. [Sephora by OPI] Glee Nail Color- Slushied $9.50
22. [PhilosophyPurity Made Simple $32
23. [Benefit"That Gal" Brightening Face Primer $28
24. [Juicy CoutureCouture Couture Eau de Parfum Roll-On $18


My Reviews:

1. The perfect amount of coconut in this perfume. I look forward to spraying it on. / 2. It's sheer, with buildable coverage and blends in seamlessly. / 3. It gives the perfect amount of shine and brings life to dull hair. Spray it right before you go out. / 4. I use this like chapstick- it's light pink and when you put it on, it automatically adjusts to suit your skin tone. The more you use, the darker it gets, so it's perfect if you want just a hint of color, or if you want a deeper hue. / 5. This is great on those days when I do full eye makeup- eyeshadow, liner, mascara- and need to remove it without much scrubbing. And as someone with sensitive eyes, this one doesn't sting (a big plus!) / 6. I first got this as a sample and it lasted way longer than I expected. A little really goes a long way with this product, so paying the $30 for what looks like a small tube is deceiving. Needless to say, I bought the full size and it will last me until I'm 45. / 7. This is one of the coolest masks I've tried. First, it's made with ingredients from the sea- algae, plankton, spirulina- and it's like a miracle worker for uneven skin tone. Very refreshing. / 8. A great shade and I like that it's a loose powder. I got this in a kit and love it. / 9. My sister first got this and when I couldn't stop smelling her hair and marveling at how nice the coconut smell was (and how long it stays), I knew I had to buy some for myself. Not only will you smell excellent all day, but your hair will look smooth and shiny! / 10. The plum is dark enough to look natural, but not as harsh as black. It's great color for people like me with blue eyes, plus, it's just a great mascara anyway. / 11. When my pale skin needs a bit of color, I always reach for this spray. Haven't been using it lately, but I will now that summer's just around the corner. / 12. Please use deodorant- it's getting hot- be kind to others around you :) This is a healthy deodorant from Whole Foods, and unlike some natural ones, this one actually works- very well. / 13. Sometimes I use this to set my liquid foundation, and other times I put this on by itself when I don't need that much makeup. I've used it for years. / 14. I don't have these exact brushes, but I have some from a BE set and they're awesome! Very soft and they get the job done. / 15. I've never been a big concealer person, so I don't have much to compare it to, but this works well. / 16. I couldn't find this scent online, but I get it from Whole Foods and it's so luxurious. It's not too light and not too thick. The scent is nice for spring/summer. (I've also used shampoo & conditioner from this brand and they're very good as well.) / 17. I just got this as a deluxe sample from the Caudalie rep during Sephora's 'chic week'. It's very thick, but absorbs well and seems to be working wonders (?? time will tell) / 18.  This was another sample I got during 'chic week' and also tried previously. It's a great creamy hand lotion that really hydrates dry hands and cuticles. A+ / 19. I love this stuff- I think I'm on my 3rd box now. For me, it's the perfect matte bronzer without shimmers. I like that I can add color without it looking like a twilight vampire. / 20. This mask is so cool! It foams and it's insanely hydrating (it should be- that's what it claims to do!) It also lasts a long time- a little goes a long way with this one also. It's a gel and when you mix it with water and rub it on your face, it foams. You have to try it!! / 21. As you know, I'm mildly obsessed with nail polish (OPI, specifically). You definitely need to get some kind of bright color on your nails this season. / 22. This facial cleanser makes my face feel so soft and smooth, and really helps even out your skin tone.  / 23. When I haven't had a great night's rest and need to look awake, I reach for this primer. It really works well at brightening your complexion. / 24. This is a nice, light fragrance that you can throw in your bag on your way out and reapply throughout the day when you need a pick me up.


Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At April 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM , Blogger FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

I definitely need to try the Neutrogena micromist...my legs need some color stat!

 
At April 19, 2011 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Isabel said...

i used to never wash my face before bed or take off my makeup (gross i know) but for almost a year ive been taking off my makeup, washing adn applying night cream. im on a roll!

 
At April 19, 2011 at 6:46 PM , Blogger danielle said...

damn- i haven't tried any of these! i've got some homework to do!

 
At April 19, 2011 at 7:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked the Neutrogena Micromist when I tried it. Note to self: buy more! And I totally love coconut for summer :)

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldThreads on Twitter!

 
At April 20, 2011 at 2:48 AM , Blogger Josie said...

Those brushes are gorgeous! And I love that they come with a holder.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At April 20, 2011 at 3:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your list!!! Though I'm not sure I could find some of those in Greece, I'll take notes anyways! I have one question about primer (I see you are a fan too). Do you wear it on top of your face cream?

Anna
http://designedbyann.wordpress.com

 
At April 20, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous modanista junkie said...

I love Neutrogena, and recently started using Dermalogica, which I'm loving!!

p.s. you should submit your outfit on The Wear to go Girls facebook for a chance to be featured Best Look of the Week! http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wear-to-go-Girls/138631736207424


xoxo,
melrod

 
At April 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great reviews! I haven't actually used any of these products, though I have wondered about some of them. Thanks for posting this! :)

 
At April 20, 2011 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Claire Kiefer said...

I really love Bare Minerals. I've used a lot of these brands before but not the specific products, so I have a bunch of new stuff to try (Sephora is my favorite place in the world). Thanks for the suggestions!

Claire
http://bicoastally.blogspot.com

 
At April 21, 2011 at 5:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bare Minerals is the only makeup I use. I actually just started using makeup last year and I'm so happy at the more polished look it accomplishes.

I really really would love an eye cream. Please let me know if you have a secret one...I'm on the hunt!

Thanks for sharing and reviewing all your tricks!

 
At April 21, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Kara Endres said...

For eye cream- I've used Caudalie's "Pulpe Vitaminee Eye and Lip Cream" and it's very good!

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home