This Page

has been moved to new address

Rainy Days and Lace

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Rainy Days and Lace

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rainy Days and Lace

Style & Co Dress, American Apparel Socks, Hunter wellies

It was a rainy, hot and humid Monday- not how I like to start off my spring. While some of us are experiencing more heat than we'd like or more snow than we'd care for, I find that the best way to combat the weather (and the inevitable weather-related bad mood) is to wear things that make you especially happy. I'll admit that a super-girly lace dress, thigh-high socks and silver rain boots is a bit extreme... but playing dressing up will seriously improve your outlook on days like this.

I had some fun playing with these pictures on photoshop, using some filters and other techniques that I don't usually use. Being creative and not always playing by the rules also do wonders for lifting your spirits any time you need it :)




Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

At March 31, 2011 at 12:45 AM , Anonymous Megan said...

Loving the photoshop!! And so glad you bought that dress :)

p.s. I forgot my google account password lol

 
At March 31, 2011 at 12:46 AM , Blogger TheChambrayCountess said...

Super cute! Aren't you all dainty with your umbrella? Love it!

 
At March 31, 2011 at 1:04 AM , Blogger Remington said...

love the silver hunters, amazing.
check out my most recent post please!

2youngforfashion.blogspot.com
xx

 
At March 31, 2011 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Paris in Pink said...

You look absolutely adorable! Love the striped umbrella, girly dress and hunter rain boots. Pretty, pretty, pretty :)

Hugs xx Camille @ Paris in Pink

 
At March 31, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a pretty dress! Where did you buy it?

Courtney

 
At March 31, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Kara Endres said...

I bought the dress at Macys (50% off!)

 
At March 31, 2011 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Isabel said...

this looks is so adorable i love it!

 
At March 31, 2011 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

Super cute! I love the entire outfit!

 
At March 31, 2011 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

thank you for your comment! great blog, I'm following:)
www.alwayssaygrace.com

 
At March 31, 2011 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Kotryna said...

I loove your dress:)

 
At April 1, 2011 at 2:37 AM , Blogger Josie said...

Ummm, hello, adorable. I love your socks; they're so fun and girly.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At April 1, 2011 at 5:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this look all girly and pretty - this outfit would be perfect for uk festival season :)

 
At April 1, 2011 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Chicca said...

OMG, your outfit is simply perfect!!!Love your lacy dress and as you have paired it with hunter boots!!!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

 
At April 1, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Blogger chanelaftercoco said...

I love the boots' color :) bisous

 
At April 1, 2011 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Marissa said...

I just love how the knee socks and boots toughen up the girly lace dress!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 10:12 PM , Blogger this free bird said...

you are looking so cute here kara - your okt socks inside the silver hunters are a superb touch. kudos to you for taking a leap w/silver. if i see one more red pair i'm going to lose it. ugh!

xo,
carrie

 
At April 3, 2011 at 1:49 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I love, love, love that dress!

 
At April 5, 2011 at 10:47 AM , Blogger allergic to vanilla said...

I like it, I would never think to wear my hunters with a lace dress, but you totally rock it!
xo Carlina
AllergicToVanilla.com

 
At April 5, 2011 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Michelle Lee said...

it's about to rain tomorrow in Korea here you gave me great inspiration
so lovely :)
btw your bag sounds so fab

 
At April 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You look adorable!! I love this dress, it's so pretty. These are such cute pictures.

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home