This Page

has been moved to new address

Movie Pick: The Virgin Suicides

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Movie Pick: The Virgin Suicides

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Movie Pick: The Virgin Suicides

First, I want to say how excited I am that it's the start of Fashion Week! I feel like we just saw what's new for Spring and in comes Fall. These past few months really flew by with the holidays and all. But I can't wait to see what's in store for our next bought of cold weather and what each designer brings to the table. Are there any shows in particular that you're looking forward to? I'm curious to see how Jill Stuart is going to follow a triumphant Spring 2011, and also what's new at Cynthia Rowley and Diane von Furstenberg.

Now on to the movie...

Any fan of Sophia Coppola's work is familiar with The Virgin Suicides. It's a cult classic about a mysterious group of five sheltered sisters who all commit suicide (that's not a spoiler; just look at the title of the film...) Under the spell of these sisters, a few fascinated neighborhood boys try to piece together the known fragments of the girls' lives, but the enigmatic sisters' motives elude them. This is a magnificent and memorable film that will have you engulfed in this aesthetic and heartfelt story.










  

Some pieces inspired by the film:


(dresses & accessories from Modcloth; shoes from Endless)

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At February 10, 2011 at 1:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this movie. Made post about Virgin suicides too :)

 
At February 10, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this movie! I haven't seen it in so long!!!

 
At February 10, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Daniela said...

love that movie..I remember the first time I watched it, I was actually pretty young..and no one who watched it with me enjoyed it. They thought I was crazy for liking it.

 
At February 10, 2011 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I barely remember the plot of this movie, but I totally remember the ethereal style. Not sure what that says about my attention span but...at least I have good taste?

xo, Ashley

 
At February 11, 2011 at 12:32 AM , Blogger Josie said...

I've never seen this but have always wanted to. It looks so ethereal and I love Kirstin Dunst.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At February 11, 2011 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Meri said...

I love the haziness/dreaminess of this movie. It kind of captures the mood of the novel, but in a less depressing way :)
Cool post- I'm a new visitor here!
Cheers!
meri
merigoesround.blogspot.com

 
At February 11, 2011 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Viv said...

i love the colors in the clothes they wear, soft and neutral!





myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

 
At February 12, 2011 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

cute blog!

 
At February 14, 2011 at 1:00 AM , Blogger Jamie-Lee Burns said...

It seems so weird to think it's fashion week - loved this movie, and the book! x

 
At February 16, 2011 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Sweet Pea (formerly Alice) said...

Greeeeeat post! I love this movie, Sofia, Kirsten, the aesthetic, the story... I'm just obsessed!

Lovely blog!

http://likeasilhouette.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home