This Page

has been moved to new address

Homemade Baklava

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Homemade Baklava

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Homemade Baklava

 
I'm back from my weekend jaunt to Orlando for some sister bonding! I had a great time- more on that later, but right now I want to share something yummy I made today: Baklava. It's one of my favorite desserts (besides anything chocolate, or ice cream) and I've been curious to try making some at home. It's simple enough, just a few ingredients (you probably have most of them at home already) but a bit time consuming. I found this recipe and gave it a whirl and couldn't be happier with the results.

 Chopping some walnuts (you can also throw in some pecans & pistachios)

 Layering the phyllo dough, butter and nuts.

 Cut into diamond shapes before you bake.

 After it comes out of the oven, pour the honey sugar mixture on top.

(A drool-worthy close-up)

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At February 8, 2011 at 1:35 AM , Blogger Brenna said...

YUMM!

 
At February 8, 2011 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Daniela said...

wow.. I always thought baklava was SUPER difficult to make.
it looks delicious!! send me some via fedex, will ya? ;)

 
At February 8, 2011 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Daniela said...

lol its not my smile..its the whole side look with the ass to the camera thing .. hahaah
I wouldn't want to offend anyone , you know? ahhahaha

 
At February 8, 2011 at 6:37 PM , Blogger TheChambrayCountess said...

I loooove Baklava, but am way to lazy to make it. Feel free to mail any leftovers...but there probably aren't any! ;)

 
At February 8, 2011 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh my goodness, baklava is one of my favorite treats EVER. that looks amazing!

 
At February 8, 2011 at 11:45 PM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

That looks so delish! I haven't had baklava in forever...

Chic on the Cheap

 
At February 10, 2011 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Annie said...

I LOVE Baklava!! This looks DELISH!

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home