This Page

has been moved to new address

Vegan Cake Balls & Truffles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Vegan Cake Balls & Truffles

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vegan Cake Balls & Truffles


The timing was perfect when I came across this recipe for Vegan Avocado Cupcakes and Emily's mention of Birthday Cake Truffles from Momofuku. I wanted to recreate those truffles, but then saw this recipe from Bakerella and put those avocado cupcakes to use, making those into a cake ball/truffle. (In short, there were a few contributing factors in my creation of these tasty bites!)

These are perfect for those with a sweet tooth (like me). Plus, if you spread out four in a day, you really only ate the equivalent of one cupcake (and a healthy one at that)!

Adding the avocado mixture to the dry ingredients. (Note* If you want the entire cake ball to be vegan, dip them in vegan chocolate, not the kind I show here.) 

I cut the cake in pieces to cool off faster.

Mix the frosting with the (cooled) crumbled cake.

Roll it into balls and refrigerate before you dip in chocolate.

I used the dunking method :)

Truffles (rolled in cocoa powder) & Cake Balls (dipped in chocolate)

Eat and enjoy!
..........................................................................
I hope you all get a chance to try this recipe, it's amazing!



Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
 

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At February 17, 2011 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Claire Kiefer said...

My goodness I have such a terrible sweet tooth right now, which is unfortunate since I'm trying to be super healthy. Yikes!
http://bicoastally.blogspot.com

 
At February 17, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm one of my coworkers brought cake balls to work today, they were so ridiculously delicious!

 
At February 19, 2011 at 3:39 AM , Blogger Sassy said...

So sweet and delicious :)
Alla Moda e con Stile

 
At February 25, 2011 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

Hello! I found your blog through cupcakesandcashmere comments on her Thin Mints post...then I saw you were from SFL and had to keep reading! (I live in fort laud!) www.lovelittlegems.com

I have to try these vegan cake balls. My best friend is Vegan and I know she'd love them :)

Oh and another thing..I love love love sprinkles haha

 
At March 22, 2011 at 10:24 PM , Blogger Katness said...

Awesome! and Vegan! Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home