This Page

has been moved to new address

Bahama Mama

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Bahama Mama

Friday, January 21, 2011

Bahama Mama


This is what I wore to dinner at the beach last night with my family. We sat outside on the deck with the sand no more than two feet away from our toes. It was perfect for people watching and seeing the sunset; the weather was gorgeous, perfect temperature-wise but a bit cloudy.  I ordered a Bahama Mama right away (coconut rum is my new favorite ingredient!), relaxed and enjoyed the view while we ate.

I figured a black romper suited the occasion- still beachy but also appropriate for nighttime.  Ever since I got this clutch I've been dying to take it out for lunch or dinner at the beach, so I was excited to finally have the opportunity.




 Bahama Mama yumm!!

 I love old brick/stone floors



 ((a boney fingered death grip!!))

 UO Safari romper, Forever 21 belt, Felix Rey clutch via Gilt, Elizabeth & James sandals

.......................................................................................................................................


A special thank you to 
the fabulous Katy and the gorgeous Estelle 
for both giving me the Stylish Blogger Award! 

Two in one day... thank you, ladies!

By receiving the award, I have to nominate a few blogs that I love and also tell you a few things about myself. Some things you might not know about me are...

1. I like finding new TV shows and watching all of the seasons marathon style. (How I Met Your Mother, and more recently, Freaks and Geeks)
2. I was majorly into photography in high school; in all four years, I never went one semester without being in a photo class.
3. I decided on being a graphic designer in 3rd grade, but when I started college I registered as a digital media major (motion graphics for movies), but then hated it and changed it to psychology on a whim, switched schools then finally graduated as a graphic designer.
4. I don't have a favorite color.. there's just too many great ones.
5. Until I started this blog, I usually wore heels only for special occasions (I only owned about two pairs). 
6. One of my favorite things to do when I'm stressed out is to paint my nails, it relaxes me.
7. I prefer Bob Dylan over the Beatles.
8. I go crazy for Double Stuf Oreos.
9. When I was younger, I'd live for Friday nights so I could watch TGIF's Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Clueless (the TV show).

Some blogs I'm loving right now are...
5. Dora's Fur 
You guys get the Stylish Blogger Award. Congratulations! 
 

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

At January 21, 2011 at 10:59 AM , Blogger TheChambrayCountess said...

I was just going to say I like your outfit (sandals and nail polish are divine) and now I get an award?! Awesome! Thank you so much! (Blushing commences!)

 
At January 21, 2011 at 2:10 PM , Blogger 0 said...

I read you're a Graphic designer!
I'm graphic designer too, I love that job!

KISS ❤

 
At January 21, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Fashion Cappuccino said...

You look amazing in that romper! Exactly what I wear on the beach nights here in Waikiki too! The pink clutch is a great pop of color and very cute!! Congratulations on the award! I used to love watching Cluless TV show and Oreos!! I love eating them haha :-) xoxoxoxo

 
At January 21, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Josie said...

I love your sandals! You look so cute and this sounds like such a good time.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At January 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Molly Page said...

Such pretty, pretty polish on your nails & toes! And I'm loving your romper! You look great.

Thank you so much for the award. Very, very sweet to be thought of and mentioned.

Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 5:37 PM , Blogger vivalablonda said...

Congrats o getting the award! Loooove your clucth!

Have a nice weekend

xx

 
At January 21, 2011 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Katy said...

Hi Kara, you're very welcome. and I LOVE your pink bag! Its so bright and that outfit black with a pop of pink is adorable!:)
xoxo,
Katy (http://katyrosli90.blogspot.com/)

 
At January 22, 2011 at 3:39 AM , Blogger FashionGirl said...

Cute outfit <3
I want summer .,.

What do you think about following each other ?
www.fashiongirl-fashionstarlet.blogspot.com

Follow me and be sure I'll follow as soon as possible back ;)
I would be happy
Kisses

 
At January 22, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow... great pictures!
xoxo
Enery

come onmy blog: www.thevintageofenery.blogspot.com

 
At January 22, 2011 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Freya said...

You look great in that romper!
And I LURVE that clutch, so vibrant and fun!
Congrats on receiving the award!
You deserve it!
How about we follow each other?
xoxo
Freya

 
At January 22, 2011 at 11:30 PM , Blogger Jennifer Fabulous said...

Freaks and Geeks is the BEST SHOW EVER! So glad to see another fan. :) And that pink clutch is so fabulous I wanna die. Love it!! Congrats on the award, hon. xo

 
At January 22, 2011 at 11:37 PM , Blogger Natalie Suarez said...

gorgeous! looks like an amazing time! :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

 
At January 23, 2011 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Vilte said...

I love the bad and your nail colour :) xoxo

 
At January 23, 2011 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Vilte said...

*bag

 
At January 23, 2011 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Beverley said...

AWESOME post! Bahama Mama sounds delicioussss. and you look way fabulous! absolutely love the touch of hot pink.

and come check out my GIVEAWAY if you have some time :)

 
At January 24, 2011 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Holly said...

Congrats on the award! I am in love with that purse and completely jealous of the weather!!!
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. :)Come back and visit anytime. :)

http://fashioninthefog.blogspot.com/

 
At January 24, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Kaleido Mind said...

the pop of pink is gorgeous!!:)

 
At January 24, 2011 at 2:31 PM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

your romper is so cute and very evening chic. your drink is looking quite delish as well.

Chic on the Cheap

 
At January 25, 2011 at 4:21 AM , Blogger Jamie-Lee Burns said...

congrats on the stylish blogger award, and how perfect is that romper for dinner at the beach? love it, and your clutch! x

 
At January 28, 2011 at 5:51 PM , Blogger 3ate4 said...

Liking the sandals.

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home