This Page

has been moved to new address

What's in your style pile?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: What's in your style pile?

Monday, October 18, 2010

What's in your style pile?

Over at iVillage, the Beauty & Style section wants to know what's in people's style piles- aka the stuff that you own/love that defines you and your style. I just had to give it a try and see what I came up with. I've never really defined my own personal style, so this would be interesting. I came up with 3 different piles (ever the overachiever...), but this one looked the most cohesive. While I don't think I totally nailed it and defined my style to a T, I figure a person's style is ever-changing and the most we can ever do is recognize what we have going on at that moment, and go from there.. 

If you're interested in doing a style pile also, I'd love to see what you come up with. Load them on the iVillage website or post it on your blog and send a link!

.....................................................  Kara's Style Pile .....................................................

  • My style is minimal classic with a twist. I like to throw in a bold print or a studded accessory for pop. And a little sparkle is always great.
  • I'm inspired by women who have a strong sense of self and personal style and who wear things with unabashed confidence, owning their look. I'm always online looking at fashion blogs like The Sartorialist, learning from the best and getting inspired.
  • Something about me that most people wouldn't know (because I sometimes come off as quiet and shy) is that I tend to be very theatrical and dramatic around people I know well. My secret dream is to run away and join the circus - to be a performer!

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

At October 18, 2010 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Josie said...

Oh, this is fab! I love everything in your style pile -- it's all so chic and classy.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At October 18, 2010 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

I love the idea of style pile and yours look great!
The shoes are so chic:)
Happy Monday my dear
Kisses

 
At October 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous Samantha said...

Love your style pile! Both of those flats are beautiful And I actually have a poster size of that Marilyn picture in my room : )

-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com

 
At October 18, 2010 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Anna Walker said...

I love your style pile! It's cute and perfect! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

 
At October 18, 2010 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I wonder what I'd choose ... this is hard!

I love your selections. I don't know you that well (yet), but it does look very you!

 
At October 18, 2010 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Joyti said...

I like your vintage feminine twist..great style.

 
At October 19, 2010 at 3:43 AM , Blogger k said...

I adore this style pile idea....I'm definitely going to have to put one together...and thanks for your comment, so glad to meet you!
~ Village

 
At October 19, 2010 at 9:11 AM , Blogger ching said...

i tend to be hyperactive around people i know too. :D

 
At October 19, 2010 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Erica said...

your comment was really helpful!! Thanks a lot! I'll def. be using that advice.

xxErica

 
At October 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! I love your bag :)

 
At October 19, 2010 at 12:42 PM , Anonymous Cafe Fashionista said...

Ohmigosh I LOVE that picture - the shoes, the bag, the book...so perfect!! :)

 
At October 19, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm quite inspired by your style pile! The studded flats ROCK!

 
At October 19, 2010 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Your inspirations are perfect. Love all your picks!

 
At October 19, 2010 at 6:41 PM , Blogger BarelyVogue said...

Love your coach bag and studded clutch
xx
Sahi
www.barelyvogue.com

 
At October 20, 2010 at 12:31 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

Love that cute little clutch!

 
At October 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM , Anonymous fashion junkie said...

Love your style file!! I'm always inspired by those who work hard and achieve their goals, such as Nicole Richie. Everything she has accomplished in her life over the years has got me motivated and working hard to get there too. She has her clothing, accessories, shoe line, and books. That's exactly what I hope to do in the near future.

Lovely post.

xoxo,
MelRod

 
At October 20, 2010 at 5:30 PM , Blogger W said...

love the bag in the photo and the prtrait of audrey. she's so beautiful .. i also love your secret dream! so awzum xx

 
At November 4, 2010 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Marcy said...

I love it!

Marcy,
smudgemyeyeliner.com

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home