This Page

has been moved to new address

Movie Pick: Powder

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Movie Pick: Powder

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Movie Pick: Powder

Some of you might remember this movie from the mid 90s. An albino teenager, nicknamed Powder, has unique powers that further distance him from the small-minded folk in his little town; after being discovered living in his now deceased grandparents' basement. Until now, he has only experienced life through the pages in books, but he must adapt quickly as he is put into a state home for boys who ridicule him relentlessly...


 The boy is electric...



"Something’s happened here. I’m telling you, with everything we know about science, about the makeup of the human body, what happened in that classroom is impossible. That kid attracted an arc of electricity from 30 feet away. And not just from the Jacob’s ladder, I mean after a second it was like it was coming at him out of the whole- building! You want to know why there isn’t a hair on him? Because he is electrolysis. It can’t grow on him."
"Did you read any Einstein? No, well I think you’d like him. He said he believed in life after death. Only because energy can never cease to exist that it relays and transforms, but it doesn’t stop- ever. And he said that if we ever got to the point where we could use all our brain, that we’d be pure energy and that we wouldn’t even need bodies."

 What is he doing, you may ask? He's transferring the pain and suffering from the dying deer to the hunter. I bet the PETA people would love to have that power...

 "I let him see. I opened him up and I let him see. 
He just couldn’t see what he was doing so I helped him."



"I saw that I don’t like what you do- any of you. You pretend to be my friend the way you pretend everything. A friend doesn’t lock you up. A friend doesn’t take you away from your home and say that it’s for your own good. How long do you really think I’ll let you keep me here?"

*Images are screenshots from the Powder DVD.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At October 7, 2010 at 9:48 AM , Anonymous Samantha said...

Looks like an interesting movie! I've never heard of it..maybe I'll Netflix it one of these days! : )

-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com

 
At October 8, 2010 at 2:06 AM , Blogger Josie said...

I've never heard of this but it definitely looks interesting!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At October 8, 2010 at 2:45 AM , Blogger Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

Hmmmmm interesting... clicking the download button! ;)
Happy Weekend!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/
http://blogcouture.bigcartel.com/

 
At October 8, 2010 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

I haven't seen all of this movie, but I've seen parts of it. Definitely need to check it out now!

 
At May 1, 2011 at 7:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I JUST got through watchin' this movie and it is awesome!! Very heartfelt, really makes ya think about how narrow minded, weak, afraid and unaccepting we can be of those who are different! Great flick! I recomend it!

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home