This Page

has been moved to new address

What's InStyle ::part2::

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: What's InStyle ::part2::

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What's InStyle ::part2::

Welcome to Couldwalk... the country home of designer, Diane Von Furstenberg. Her home is amazing— bright and airy, modern with a touch of country, and eclectic, filled with treasures from her many travels. InStyle magazine was granted access into Diane's world and takes us along for the ride...

First of all, I need to mention her amazing floor-to-ceiling library. The white walls are so refreshing and the colors of all her books just pop against them. I'm sure you'd be hard to find any dust in this library, let alone a musty public library smell (although, I agree with Carrie Bradshaw in the SATC movie that there's nothing like the smell of old books..). I want a library like this in my house; It stems from my love of Beauty and the Beast, my favorite Disney movie, and the crazy huge library in the castle.
(click to enlarge)
(Do you like my old Lucky mag stickers? I thought it looked cool when I scanned... it's always good to save any extras for your other magazines!)




I have known of the brand DVF for a while, but it wasn't until Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's book, Influence, came out that I learned more about the woman behind the brand. This InStyle article was the last straw in my improper lack of knowledge of her, so I went out and got Diane von Furstenberg: A Signature Life. I can't wait to get started reading it!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Samantha said...

I just read this article yesterday!! I am insanely jealous of that floor to ceiling library. I cant wait until I can afford a classic wrap dress from DVF (not on a students budget though!!).

Enjoy the book..keep us updated if its worth getting!

-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com

Ps- Thanks for the lovely comments! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog : )

 
At September 3, 2010 at 3:52 AM , Blogger Evangeline said...

I love big book shelves like those!! I want them in my house! I love DVF. She had a line, maybe a year ago, with amazing pom pom hats that I simply adore!

P.S I got my Glee hand while attending a talk the cast gave at Comic Con.

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home