This Page

has been moved to new address

Movie Pick: Gidget

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Movie Pick: Gidget

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Movie Pick: Gidget

As the end of summer is swiftly approaching, I find it's best to say goodbye with a tribute to one of my favorite movies, Gidget. Its about a scrawny teenage girl who doesn't have any luck on a manhunt with her girlfriends at the beach, so she does the next best thing: surfing. Terrible at first, the persistent Francie Lawrence quickly becomes a great surfer and the mascot of the local beach bums, who give her the nickname of Gidget (a girl and a midget). What seems to be a dreary summer with nothing to show for can quite easily turn out to be the best summer of her life!

"Oh, Moondoggie..."

A circus on the water.

Little Gidget is along for the 'Manhunt' with her friends.

"Hey, guys, I just want to swim... you can have the boys."

A newfound hobby.

What do you do when you can't get to the waves...?




*All photos screenshots from Gidget DVD, except for last photo from the Gidget Goes Hawaiian DVD.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 19, 2010 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Kelly Valentine said...

So cute!! Was Sally Field in this movie?? I thought I remember her playing Gidget or just being in the movie...can't remember...

I've Belle Du Jour waiting for me at home...never seen it, so I'm excited to finally watch it!


Glamourous Spirit

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home