This Page

has been moved to new address

Roadtrip

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Roadtrip

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Roadtrip

Its been a busy couple of weeks... I took a roadtrip with my sister to visit some of her potential colleges (after we got back she found out she got in to her first choice, UCF!!) and visited family along the way.


After touring University of Central Florida in Orlando, we went to CPK for dinner and then walked a couple doors down for dessert at Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly. (The shop's owner was a winner on the show, Cupake Wars on the Food Network, so that's how we heard about it.) We got some mini cupcakes to try: red velvet, boston cream, strawberry, black and white, and a high hat (soooo good- the vanilla frosting was piled on like ice cream, then dipped in chocolate ganache so it made a hard coating). If you're in Orlando, I definitely suggest going there.


We had lunch with the family at Mallie Kyla's Cafe in Dade City (a cute little antiquing town). They always have a couple of huge cakes-of-the-day on display, like the strawberry one pictured, and a ton of blue glass bottles on the tables and in the windows. Also pictured are a hot ham and swiss sandwich and cup of swiss potato soup, and a greek salad.


The cafe' is actually inside of a store, so after you're done eating you can start shopping right away. Everything was overpriced, so no one bought anything, but we had fun trying on all the crazy jewelry. The mannequin with all the pins reminded me of the jacket in the J. Crew fall lookbook.


On the way home, after looking at USF and on the way to FGCU, we got some boba tea for the ride home from Kaleisia Tea Lounge. I was going in for tea, but somehow came out with a mango smoothie... my sister got a chocolate and mint rooibos tea though, which was amazing. I've never had boba before, but I know people travel far to get it, so I had to try it at least once. It didn't tast bad, but the chewy texture and the way it went down kinda made me gag... eh

Anyway, it's good to be back blogging, and I'll have some more posts coming soon. (I've been trying to get throught the stack of 6 september issue magazines that were waiting for me when I got home...woah...needed time to process!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home