This Page

has been moved to new address

Pear & Gorganzola Pizza

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Pear & Gorganzola Pizza

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pear & Gorganzola Pizza

Throughout the past couple years, I've been getting more adventurous with different flavors and kinds of foods. I've also been learning how to cook, and have been applying my daring palette towards my creations, one of which was a Pear and Gorganzola Pizza. I found a great recipe for pizza dough that I use all the time from Ina Garten's book, Back to Basics. So I rolled out the dough, brushed olive oil over it, then piled on diced pears, crumbled gorganzola cheese and walnuts. The result was incredible. It really can be eaten any time of the day. The only thing I would suggest is to use more than one pear (mine was lacking, but that's how you learn!). Aside from Ina's recipe for the dough, I just googled other people's recipes to see what kind of ingredients I should use, then winged it.

Hope this inspires you to try something out of your food comfort zone!

Dough and the toppings

A peek in the oven...

It's done!

After it came out of the oven, I drizzled a bit of Ginger Pear dressing for an extra kick.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 4, 2010 at 9:47 PM , Blogger minnja said...

it sounds and looks so yummy!!!

LOVE
minnja


http://minnja.blogspot.com/

 
At September 5, 2010 at 5:47 AM , Blogger offline said...

this looks Yummi :D
like your blog :D
& just wanted to know what you need to do in your Job ? i´d like to do this to one day but don´t really know what it´s all about :)

xoxo

 
At September 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM , Anonymous Samantha said...

This looks fabulous! I would never think to pair those flavors together but that pizza looks divine : ) I'll definitely be trying that recipe in the near future!

-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home