This Page

has been moved to new address

70s Beach *Pastels & Tourists

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: 70s Beach *Pastels & Tourists

Sunday, February 20, 2011

70s Beach *Pastels & Tourists


It was a beautiful Sunday morning today, so I felt it necessary to travel to the beach for this shoot, considering all the pretty pastel colors involved. In my big closet clean-out/reorganization, I stumbled across this shirt from Charlotte Ronson that I got a million years ago and these cream wedge 'flats' that I felt would both go together well since they reminded me of all the 70s stuff coming out. I love the caning detail on the shoes (a bit 70s, right? Or am I crazy.. idk, I'm not old enough to know!!)  The pants I swiped from my sister on my recent trip to Orlando. (Meg- did you notice something's missing from your closet?? Thanks! :) )

The drive over was funny; we had to wait for the drawbridge to go up (for the boats to get through), and two cars in front of me this entire family- driver and all- run out of their SUV and charge the drawbridge like it was some kind of magical piece of machinery that could not be observed from the safety of your own car. They watched in awe as some other dude in an adjacent car, got out of his car and proceeded to take pictures and movies of it (the drawbridge, not the people). I'm really hoping their FL license plate vehicles were rentals and they were people from some landlocked state... (don't get me wrong, I love tourists and all, but I've never seen anything like it in my life. I'm not a hater, just telling a funny story, but maybe you just had to be there...)

 Charlotte Ronson blouse, UO shirt, PacSun jeans, BCBG bag, Alfani shoes




 (Photo idea from The Clothes Horse!)


Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At February 20, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

Those punch out wedges are adorable!! Love them!

Chic on the Cheap

 
At February 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Love that last pic, it's really pretty. Regarding tourists - is there a thing where people leave their brains at home before getting on the plane? I've done so many silly things on holidays that I would never do at home and, coming from Ireland, we do get the occasional tourist asking where the leprechauns live!

 
At February 20, 2011 at 5:37 PM , Blogger ching said...

the colors on you are really soft and pretty.

 
At February 20, 2011 at 5:45 PM , Blogger match.box.muse said...

such pretty pastels and i love those ballerina wedges! have a great day :)

love,M
match.box.muse

 
At February 20, 2011 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Ashley J said...

I love this outfit, so simple yet pretty!

 
At February 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Your look just sings springtime! Love it!

 
At February 20, 2011 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Daniela said...

love that last picture!
and that guy running out to take photos and film,, sounds like something I would do. :)

glad you are enjoying the weather. Me on the other hand..I only saw the street from the window today!

 
At February 20, 2011 at 10:44 PM , Blogger Judy said...

love your pink pants! And the last photo is really cool!

xx.
Judy

 
At February 20, 2011 at 11:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up in Melbourne and went to school in Jacksonville...I'm now stuck in snowy CT. I would do ANYTHING to have FL weather right now. Very cute top by the way : )

http://2anchor.blogspot.com

 
At February 21, 2011 at 12:04 AM , Blogger this free bird said...

Kara I can't believe you got those jeans at PacSun - they are so pretty! I really like the entire outfit!

xo,
Carrie

 
At February 21, 2011 at 12:06 AM , Blogger Olivia Juliann Crabtree said...

You are ROCKING the pastels. Those flats are adorable too. I wish I lived by the beach again, you are giving me withdrawals!

http://adailyolive.blogspot.com/

 
At February 21, 2011 at 1:14 AM , Blogger cryskay said...

lovely outfit. i really love the last photo & your previous post about your closet organization. i've been meaning to get the thin flocked hangers. btw, i'm your newest follower. xo

 
At February 21, 2011 at 2:49 AM , Blogger Josie said...

You look SUPER cute! Love those shoes.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At February 21, 2011 at 3:07 PM , Blogger From Suns To Moons said...

I love you in pastels against that heavenly backdrop! Holy, jealousy, why is it so nice there?

 
At February 25, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sherberty colors, makes me so excited for summer! And we have a decent number of drawbridges on the nc coast, and i just WISH i could see a scene like the one you describe - it sounds hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home