This Page

has been moved to new address

Movie Pick- Cold Souls

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Movie Pick- Cold Souls

Friday, November 5, 2010

Movie Pick- Cold Souls

Paul Giamatti plays himself in this dramatic comedy about an actor burdened too much by his soul to continue acting in the emotionally demanding play that he is starring in. He reads about 'soul storage' as a way to lift the weight off his shoulders by extracting one's soul and storing it for later use. Intrigued, he undergoes the procedure and carries on with his life, relieved. But- he just isn't himself anymore (duh..) and he wants his soul back. The only problem is, is that his soul has been misplaced. Paul has to go on a journey to reclaim his soul or forever face a life of nothingness.

I like this graphic, very reflective of the movie's existential content.


"Happiness is not about making the people around you believe that you’re happy."


(Love that leopard fur throw!)

Time for extraction.

"-My soul is a chickpea?!"
"-They come in all shapes and sizes."

Something's missing here...

 A perfect visual representing Paul's predicament.

Between Paul and the doctor:
"-How are you feeling?
-Hollow.
-Good, that’s normal. What else?
-Um, well, maybe lighter. Ya, light and empty. And, uh, bored, maybe? Overall I feel great."



 *All images are screenshots from the Cold Souls DVD.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At November 5, 2010 at 9:50 AM , Blogger veda said...

look like cool movie..
i wonder if i can watch it..

Closet Test Tube

 
At November 5, 2010 at 5:26 PM , Blogger k said...

I really want to see this, thanks for reminding me of it, I had forgotten!

 
At November 5, 2010 at 8:08 PM , Blogger match.box.muse said...

looks like a very interesting movie! thanks for your sweet comment :)

love, M

 
At November 6, 2010 at 2:33 PM , Blogger R. Gratz said...

Wow... I didn't even know about this one. I really want to check it out now. Thanks for sharing!! You've got a legit blog here and I'm for sure now a follower! :) Keep up the awesome posts! Off to find my soul...

www.RGRATZVM.com

 
At November 16, 2010 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Lynnette said...

I love that ring in the second picture!! Gorgeous!

http://turtle515.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home