This Page

has been moved to new address

An Un-Serendipitous Dessert

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: An Un-Serendipitous Dessert

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

An Un-Serendipitous Dessert

At the Boca Raton Resort lies a wonderful little restaurant called Serendipity 3. It's a slice of the small/eclectic/über-famous restaraunt in Manhattan of the same name (maybe you've heard of it...). I have been fortunate enough to go to the one in New York where it all started, but have yet to dine at the one in my own backyard (you have to be a guest at the hotel to get in). I checked it out on the Boca Raton Resort website and saw a photo of on of their frozen treats, the Pirates Treasure Chest:
Inside a chocolate treasure chest are scoops of ice cream, cakes, cookies, cones and berries. Looks yummy, right? It will cost you a cool $75 to taste this baby. So, in my stinginess, I decided to forgo the cost of renting a room or sneaking in to the hotel to get to Serendipity (and then shelling out more dough), I decided "Hey, I'm artistic. I can totally recreate this at home!" and began my supermarket quest for the proper ingredients. Here is the documented process and result, photographed by my sister.

Preparing the treasure chest.

Gold!!!

It's all in the details...


Chocolate dipped sprinkle cones!

Assembly time. *Note- it would behoove you to use an ice cream scoop instead of trying to shape the ice cream balls with your hands! ya....  


Time to eat!

On a related note, here are some cute pics from the 1 year anniversary of Serendipity's opening in Las Vegas at Caesar's Palace, hosted by Holly Madison. (How cute is her dress and candy necklace?!)
 



*Holly Madison photos via VegasNews.com

Labels:

5 Comments:

At August 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!!! I wish I was there to help you guys dismantle it :)

 
At August 4, 2010 at 10:56 PM , Blogger Josie said...

Serendipity 3 is actually one of my favorite places in the world. It's just amazing. I love your replica; I want to try it!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At August 5, 2010 at 10:24 PM , Blogger SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

that looks absolutely delicious! i loved how you re-created it. your version looks exactly the same as serendipity 3's version! don't worry, i wouldn't want to be paying $75+a hotel fee either! home-made is the way to go! :)

xoxo
http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com/

 
At August 6, 2010 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Daniela said...

yum that looks so good. Too good to eat!!
(oh, and the French Connection dress a few posts back is fabulous - i want it!!)

detcetera.blogspot.com

 
At August 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM , Blogger style-haus said...

amazing job at recreating the dessert treasure chest! well done :)

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home