This Page

has been moved to new address

Blogger of the Month (January): Daniela

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Blogger of the Month (January): Daniela

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Blogger of the Month (January): Daniela

Happy 2011, everyone! With the new year, I'm starting a new feature showcasing my favorite bloggers, aptly named "Blogger of the Month." In BOTM, I will interview the featured blogger as well as do a few illustrations of them. 

January's BOTM is Daniela from D, etc. She was one of the first few who welcomed me into the blog world when I first started out and we have kept in touch ever since. It was she who gave me the idea to draw bloggers after my post on the Sea of Shoes contest, so it's fitting to give her the first spot.  

Daniela has incredible style, simple yet chic, and is always finding great deals; making F21 items look like designer pieces. D, etc has become a must read for me, so I encourage you to check it out. Without further ado, here is her interview... 
Blogging:

How did you first get into blogging and why?
I actually first got into blogging about 3 years ago, believe it or not! I had a fashion blog called "Subject: Fashion" (English translation)  and a celebrity gossip blog called "Rich Trash." I had a lot of fun doing the celebrity gossip one but my interest in celebrity life in general died down after a while and I gave up on the blog... I wish I hadn't deleted it, at least! I had a friend (the only one who knows I blog) who really loved it cause it really was hilarious. The fashion blog was also written all in Portuguese and had mostly visitors from Brazil, but it ended up not having the feel I wanted.  A year later I decided to try again, aiming towards readers and writers in the US - and I love it! I blog for fun and to share and receive inspiration from other bloggers.

What do you think is the best/favorite thing about blogging?
I think the best thing about blogging is all the people you "meet". My blog is still pretty new and I've yet to 'in real life' meet a fellow blogger, but contact with people from all over the US and sometimes the world is amazing.

How do you handle it when you just can’t think of anything to write about?
I look to magazines, other blogs, or maybe I just take a day, not worrying about having to come up with something but just appreciating what other people have done. Everything serves as inspiration and the ideas come eventually.

Who do you look up to within the blogosphere/fashion industry & why?
I think I most admire people who have made blogging a full time job and have had opportunities to be a part of the real life fashion world from doing something they love - like Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere and Chiara from The Blonde Salad.

Would you like blogging to become your full time job?
Yes, absolutely!!

Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?
In the next 6 months my blog will have completed a year, and I think my #1 goal is to just make it more reader friendly and more popular, with better pictures and material. I'd like to have time to focus more on outfit photos, because that's what I most like to read/see so I think that's what others want to see too. 5 years from now I'll be married and I might be on my way to starting a family, so the blog might take a whole other direction then!

What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog?
When I'm not working on my blog I'm usually really working (full time job), in school or enjoying time with my fiance and our dogs! 2011 will be a busy year because we're getting married so we've been busy planning our wedding and honeymoon!

Style:

How would you describe your personal style?
I am definitely a minimalist! I like clean outfits with not very many accessories. I live in jeans, blazers, boots and I stay away from anything with too many prints or patterns.. My favorite colors to wear are white, black and gray.

Where do you get your style inspirations?
I get inspired by everything, really. Magazines, ads, blogs, celebrities... and then I have fun and make up my own versions of those inspiration outfits with what I have.

Who are your influences/ fashion favorites?
Definitely Rachel Bilson. Love her style! Also Sienna Miller and Lauren Conrad.

What role does your budget play in shaping your style?
If there's something that's out of my budget that I have to have I'll either find something like it (Forever 21 and Asos are great for that) or I'll save up enough and get it. Most times I can achieve the look I want.. There just aren't substitutes for certain things, though, so sometimes I do feel that I would be truly able to express myself with my style if I didn't have a limited budget!

Whose closet would you most like to raid?
Olivia Palermo's !


Advice:

What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Have fun with it! Do a little research before you start blogging to see in which direction you want to go. Be prepared to take good pictures. Be prepared to devote your time and effort. And don't worry about getting followers/comments - it's better to have someone who really likes your blog come by and comment than to have someone who comments and follows just so you follow them back - and then never visits again.

What mistakes/ realizations have you come to throughout your journey as a blogger? Is it harder/easier/more fun than you expected?
I realize pictures are so important and regret not starting off with great pictures and ones that really reflect my style, 100%.  I have to work on that! I think blogging is harder than I thought because once you start you sort of feel like you have to continue - as if people are waiting. That's not necessarily a bad thing - it's great to know people want to visit you, and don't get me wrong, blogging is fun, but that puts a bit of pressure on!

What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?
I don't really network... I mean, blogging is more of a hobby than a business. I've read other bloggers' posts on "How to make Money from Your Blog", like Elaine's from Clothed Much, but right now, besides putting a few ads up, I don't do much else to make it a business.



Miscellaneous:

What does an average day look like for you?
Hmmm... an average day consists of me waking up late, driving in about an hour of traffic to get to work, going to class, finally getting home at about 8, making/having dinner, blogging, watching TV, and relaxing until bedtime. Sorry girls, no celebrity life here!

What is the last book you read?
The last book I tried to read was Water for Elephants - I stopped half way through though because, despite other bloggers' positive reviews, I couldn't get into it! With school, it's tough to read anything other than a school book. I'm saving Paulo Coelho's new book for my flight to Brazil.

Last song you listened to?
Rhianna's latest - I can't remember the name! "Hey boy, I really want to be with you..cause you're just my time, ooohh nana na na"

Ever been to another country or state that you liked better then where you currently live?
LOL. This is funny to me because I think when you're on vacation everything seems better, so yes. But if I had a choice, I think I'd live in Florida, by the beach.

What is your dream car (and do you already own it)?
1967 Mustang Fastback! No, I don't own it... I wish!


If you could trade places with any other person for a week (famous or not, living or dead, real or fictional) who would it be?
Good question!! Probably my favorite TV show host in Brazil. He travels tons but his show helps out a lot of people too.  

If a movie was made about your life, who would you like to play the lead role?
Me!!

What is your secret dream?
To work in television.

What are some things on your bucket list?
To visit all the wonders of the world. To travel, a lot!

What is your personal motto?
Everything happens when it's supposed to. You can control what direction your life goes in, but you'll only achieve your goals when it's the right time.


Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At January 1, 2011 at 8:00 AM , Anonymous Hazel said...

Happy new year :) It's great that you're featuring bloggers :)

 
At January 1, 2011 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Katy said...

Hi Kara,
wow you're so lucky to have her as you blogger friend:) I bet she's an awesome person:) happy new year!
xoxo,
Katy (http://katyrosli90.blogspot.com/)

 
At January 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Kristina said...

great idea :)
i like !!
happy new year :D

xx
http://simplebutreal.blogspot.com/

 
At January 1, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Rebel Attitude said...

Fantastic words and pics!!
Kisses from Spain, I follow you!!

 
At January 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great feature! I love Daniela's blog :)

 
At January 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Daniela said...

Kara!! I love your drawings and Im so flattered!!! The internet connection here is terrible but I made it a point to log on to see this. I love it!! Thank you so much!! xoxoxo -D

 
At January 3, 2011 at 1:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog is really great!
i hope you had a wonderful 2010 and a great new year!
thanks so much for your sweet comment, it means the world!
come back and visit COSMICaroline as looks get revamped and there's a new photographer coming soon! happy new year from me to you!

-COSMICaroline
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

 
At January 3, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Maddie M. said...

I LOVE this feature, how cool!
xoxo
PS - Your illustration is fantastic!

 
At January 3, 2011 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Zarna said...

great interview - i'll be sure to check out her blog!

happy new year :)

 
At January 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM , Blogger Josie said...

This is such a fab new feature, my dear! And I love Daniela; she writes such a great blog and is such a sweetheart!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At January 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Shevah said...

I love this illustration. Great feature! :) Thank you for following. You live in Florida? Wahoo, so do I !





www.shevahh.blogspot.com

 
At January 3, 2011 at 6:39 PM , Blogger minnja said...

wow, I love it, great interview :))))

http://minnja.blogspot.com

LOVE
minnja

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home