This Page

has been moved to new address

7 Sprinkles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: 7 Sprinkles

Thursday, January 13, 2011

7 Sprinkles

1. Jason Wu's Pre-Fall Collection
I love the androgynous look on the left the shine on the pants and lady-like cut of the blouse give it just enough femininity. It also reminds me of Rocky Horror with those sunglasses :) The dress is gorgeous— the proportions are just right and the colors and fabric are extremely luxurious. The mermaid cut hooked me and the lace detailing reeled me in.

2. Romeo + Juliet
I just watched both versions of this Shakespeare classic and they will win me over time and time again. The more authentic Elizabethan 1968 film starring Olivia Hussey is a must see to get the true R&J experience. If you were an American tween girl growing up in the 90s, you no doubt had a huge crush on Leonardo DiCaprio and inevitably saw the 1996 modern retelling of Romeo + Juliet multiple times... I forgot how much I loved it.

3. My Dream Room
























Along with a subscription solicitation, House Beautiful magazine sent me a brochure of some fabulous rooms, one of which happens to be the dream bedroom I never knew I wanted. I love the colors, chandelier, filigrees, and draping bed linens.


4. Mamma Mia









I watched this (my favorite movie) with my Grandma recently and love all the gorgeous scenery, great songs and actors.


5. Givenchy's Day-to-Night Backgrounds















Clothing aside, one major cool factor in Givenchy's pre-fall looks was the changing backdrop from day to night. Imagine minding your own business walking down the street and being captured in the Givenchy lookbook. (Ok now, how amazing are those sheer maxi skirts??)


6. Alexander Wang's Pre-Fall Collection

















Alexander Wang still reigns as the fashion king with his painfully cool pieces— sheer blouses, oversized outerwear and killer accessories with the perfect amount of dishevelment.


7. ASOS Shoes








KG by Kurt Gieger / ASOS Alfie / ASOS Harley / Melissa
I rarely ever buy anything here, but always have fun surfing their website for unique finds.
 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 13, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Blogger TheChambrayCountess said...

Oooh, I love all 7 of these sprinkles! Esp the Jason Wu and Alexander Wang. I haven't seen Mamma Mia yet (don't judge!) but it looks like I need to :)

 
At January 13, 2011 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Baby Budget Blog said...

Looks like those sheer skirts are here to stay! Am eyeing one at Free People!! Thanks for the comment on my blog! Come enter my vintage Razza elephant necklace giveaway!!

www.plentyforpennies.com

 
At January 14, 2011 at 3:57 AM , Anonymous Lee Oliveira said...

Obsessed with jason Wu's collection..
Love the simplicity of the cuts and silhouettes
Lee x

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home