This Page

has been moved to new address

My 100th Post! Celebrate with Frosting and...Coal?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: My 100th Post! Celebrate with Frosting and...Coal?

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My 100th Post! Celebrate with Frosting and...Coal?

 
Things got a little dirty at W Magazine for their December 2010 edition. Some serious frosting** (diamonds) was on display as photographer Horacio Salinas and stylist Talya Cousins showcased top jewelers' creations. Big names included Harry Winston, Van Cleef & Arpels, Cartier, Bulgari and Chanel (among others). The photography and concept are excellent for this pictorial, I love the sharp shadows and beauty in the midst of dirt. The use of the coal-like substance on the model's hands really emphasized the beauty of the diamonds that much more, and gave the piece much more visual interest and staying power.

On another note, I'm so excited that I've reached my 100th post! I felt like I'd never get there when I first started out, but it snuck up on me so quickly. Time flies... I just wanted to give you all a warm and sincere thank you for reading, following and commenting. I really love blogging and all the friends I've met along the way. Here's to another 100 and beyond!




...........................................................................................................................

Do you think they got inspiration for this pictorial from Michele Lamy's tattooed fingers? (She's the wife of fashion designer Rick Owens.) 

Photo via Jak & Jil Blog

 *All other images are magazine scans by me.
**Frosting reference from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.  I didn't want that to go over your heads 
while you're thinking I'm crazaay.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At November 16, 2010 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

Happy 100 post! Yay!!! That is amazing...Cheers to that, my dear. That is huge!
Btw: those photos look totally amazing..
Hugs and kisses, my dear

 
At November 16, 2010 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Daniela said...

Happy 100th! Here's to many more ;)

 
At November 17, 2010 at 12:02 AM , Blogger Katy said...

Hi Kara!Its Wednesday in here (S'pore) (left thurs and fri then weekends!hooray!) Those hands look like man's hands. I prefer if a women (with nice shape nails to model for it. and congratulations! Your 100th post wow thats so great!:)
xoxo,
Katy

 
At November 17, 2010 at 2:19 AM , Blogger Josie said...

Happy 100 posts, my dear! So exciting. And I love anything involving diamonds -- so gorgeous!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At November 17, 2010 at 3:03 AM , Blogger Marthie On The Move said...

congrats with your 100th!! :D

http://shoesplurge.blogspot.com

 
At November 17, 2010 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Viv said...

that's pretty awesome, love the jewelry!




myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

 
At November 17, 2010 at 1:09 PM , Blogger modafobik said...

100th ha? Cong! :)) I hope you can wirte lots of 100 posts! I'll follow you, maybe you can follow me back ha? :)

modafobik.blogspot.com

 
At November 17, 2010 at 7:14 PM , Anonymous Samantha said...

Congrats Kara! Here's to the next one hundred : )

-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home