This Page

has been moved to new address

Monkey Bread-ing around

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Monkey Bread-ing around

Friday, November 12, 2010

Monkey Bread-ing around


This is one of my favorite recipes that I brought home from college. I'd never heard of 'Monkey Bread' before and I thought it was just slang for the baked good. Soon after, I saw a monkey bread mix at Williams-Sonoma and knew it was legit. I learned to make it with Pillsbury biscuit dough, but I wanted a healthier homemade version. A quick little google search led me to this recipe, which I used (the only thing I changed was adding some pecans and a little icing). If you've never tried monkey bread and you love things like gooey cinnamon buns, I highly recommend this recipe! 

It's best to eat warm, so just wait a couple minutes after you take it out of the oven and dig in. It should last you a few days, depending on how many people you feed. First time I made it... it lasted a total of five minutes (six hungry college kids= no further explanation necessary).

Ball up the dough.

Roll in cinnamon sugar.

 Start stacking it the bundt pan. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over each 
layer of dough balls (That's what makes it gooey when you pull it apart).

 Layer the pecans as well.

Pour the melted butter over everything when you're finished assembling it.

 Ready to go in the oven!

Pull apart the bread bits and enjoy! 
(I drizzled some icing on top because I didn't put enough sugar in it, 
and it didn't get as gooey as I wanted.)


**A special thank you to Megan for documenting this momentus occasion!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At November 12, 2010 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

yummmmmm!! the bread bits looking yummmyyyy!!!

 
At November 12, 2010 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Daniela said...

looks delicious Kara!!

 
At November 12, 2010 at 4:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love monkey bread!

XOXO,

Find all celebrity clothing and where to get it here http://outfitidentifier.com/

 
At November 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Josie said...

Oooh, this looks SO tasty. I'm so partial to anything covered in cinnamon sugar...
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At November 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Anonymous Samantha said...

YUM! This looks so amazing!! You had me at cinnamon and sugar : ) I'm bookmarking it right now.

-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com

 
At November 12, 2010 at 10:19 PM , Blogger *** said...

Mmmm yummy. I love monkey bread!

xoxo

 
At November 13, 2010 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Katy said...

Hi Kara! wow I bet its delicious! thank you for sharing this with us! I want to try too!:)
xoxo,
Katy

 
At November 14, 2010 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Anna said...

Wow this looks so cool, I've never seen anything like it!
xxx

http://www.theothersideofthepondmydear.blogspot.com

 
At November 14, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Anonymous Fleur said...

That looks delicious!

 
At November 15, 2010 at 2:25 AM , Blogger Marthie On The Move said...

love this post bc it screams yumminess! I ought to try this recipe out!
http://shoesplurge.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home