This Page

has been moved to new address

Blogger of the Month (March): Estelle

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Blogger of the Month (March): Estelle

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blogger of the Month (March): Estelle

This month's featured blogger is Estelle from Ash & Belle. She has quickly become one of my favorite bloggers; inspiring me with her laid-back style, beautiful photos, great use of colors (and florals! and clogs!). She also has a great penchant for thrifted pieces and borrowed items (schooling shopaholics like me on the art of being frugal with style). Here is my interview with the naturally gorgeous and effortlessly stylish, Estelle.


Location: Melbourne, Australia
Occupation: Full time journalism student and part-time editorial assistant
Age: 18

How did you first get into blogging and why? After years of reading other people's blogs, I decided to start my own to stop myself from being lazy! I'm studying to be a writer and I thought that having a blog would make me want to write regularly!

What does an average day look like for you? An average day for me starts with me changing my outfit at least three times, before hopping on a city bound train early in the morning, usually with a piece of toast wedged between my teeth. The city is where its at for me- its where my university is and where my office is located. I work/study til about 6pm, then its back home and I'm ready to party! Just kidding...I usually end my night snuggled in bed with some sort of fantasy novel and a cup of tea.  

What do you think is the best/favorite thing about blogging? The best thing about blogging is that you get to connect with people who love and understand my obsession with clothes! People on the street in your home town might think you're a bit weird for wearing a certain outfit but in the blogosphere people are much more open minded.

How do you handle it when you just can’t think of anything to write about? Ohhh this happens to me so often! I usually look to my best friend and my boyfriend....I've generally kept them hidden on the blog because both of them are WAY more stylish than me and they make me look so lame in comparison! I usually get my inspiration from those two- they're both very creative.


Who do you look up to within the blogosphere/fashion industry & why? My favourite blogger is Gala Darling. I look up to her because her writing style is so witty, unique and uplifting and she is a girl who really knows what she wants, and is confident and endearing enough to help others realize what they want too! The way she dresses turns heads and whenever I need a pick my up I read Gala Darling. She is amazing and totally my inspiration. In terms of fashion, my favourite blogger right now is Kathleen Carla from Inspirafashion. Oh and Jane Aldridge from Sea of Shoes. She is so damn cool.

Would you like blogging to become your full time job? No, I don't think so. It's more of a hobby for me, but who knows?

Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road? I see myself owning a camera and a tripod so I can take my own photos and not have to annoy my friends to take photos for me! Five years down the track...I just want to be still blogging, even if it might be about something else!

What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog? I work at a magazine, so deadlines take up a lot of my time. I love weekends because I get to relax, I'll usually get lunch with my friends or go thrifting with my boyfriend....we always buy the most pointless stuff. I bought a couch once.  


What advice would you give to new bloggers? I'm still new at this so I'm not sure! Ash & Belle is 3 months old, but I guess I can say that in that time I've learn that you should always reply to people's comments...if they've taken the time out of their day to write to you, I think its only nice that you should do that back. It creates a fun, encouraging atmosphere too!

What mistakes/ realizations have you come to throughout your journey as a blogger? Is it harder/easier/more fun than you expected? I've realized that you just have to persevere. I think when you start blogging you'll always feel a bit silly, writing on the Internet to a seeming audience of no-one. But slowly people will start reading, and I wish someone had told me that I should just trust in that. Blogging can be difficult, especially in the way you have to discipline yourself to keep motivated and enthusiastic, but all in all it is very rewarding. I love talking to other bloggers, or being approached by people who say they read my blog. Makes me so happy!

What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business? I don't really network that much. When I started my blog I contemplated linking my posts to Facebook but I decided that I didn't want just anyone reading my blog. I wanted my readers to be strangers...is that weird?

How would you describe your personal style? If my style was a person, I think it would have a multiple personality disorder! I go through different phases- girly, tomboy, minimalist, eccentric cat lady. The things that remain constant are that I always wear something vintage and I don't like wearing heaps of jewellery. I wear my gold Casio watch everyday and that's about it usually. The best compliment I've ever received is that "You can pull off anything" so I try to tell myself that and take risks with what I wear. 

Where do you get your style inspirations? I can get inspired by really weird things, like wallpaper or second hand books or old ladies who have no idea that they look awesome. Recently I went paint shopping with my boyfriend and was so inspired by all the different colour combinations!


Who are your influences/ fashion favorites? I try not to dress like celebrities because in this day and age I think it looks totally obvious that you're copying. But I must say, Mary-Kate Olsen, Kate Bosworth and Isabel Lucas never get it wrong!

What role does your budget play in shaping your style? Budget is EVERYTHING. On a day to day basis, my outfit is made up of more thrifted items than items bought from a store. I have a really small budget for clothes and you can see that coming through my outfits. I'm generally very honest about how some of my clothes are just stolen from my friends, my mum or my boyfriend! I have this rule with myself that I never spend over $50 on clothing unless its REALLY special. I really think that buying second hand clothing is the way to go- my friend is a buyer and she says that the chain stores just copy vintage anyway!

If you could trade places with any other person for a week (famous or not, living or dead, real or fictional) who would it be? Elizabeth Bennet

What is your secret dream? To be a Victoria's Secret model! They have the life, I swear.

What are some things on your bucket list? To run my own magazine, to get married, to make the perfect lemon meringue pie, to go backpacking by myself (still plucking up the courage to do this one).

Thank you, Estelle! 
To see more, visit Ash & Belle Blog

Labels: , , ,

22 Comments:

At March 1, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Zarna said...

great interview! i'll be sure to check out her blog!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Daniela said...

nice! I've never been over to her blog..but I'm on my way now!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Oh how I love posts like this! Such a great way to get to know fellow bloggers!!

Happy Tuesday Darling! xo

Oh, and pop by today for my perfume GIVEAWAY!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger TheChambrayCountess said...

Great interview and I love your illustrations!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Dilan D said...

lovely blog!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 1:57 PM , Anonymous Paris in Pink said...

She sounds darling - what a lovely interview! :)

Hugs xoxo Paris in Pink

 
At March 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love these posts! I love the artwork of blogger that you create...how do you do that?

 
At March 1, 2011 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Leigh said...

great post!! she has an amazing blog, and i love the pictures of her you created! so cool :)

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

 
At March 1, 2011 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Dilan D said...

lovely post :D

oh really? what´s the name of carries blog? I could sent the justin Bieber drawing to her!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 5:53 PM , Blogger person of interest said...

what an awesome interview! i love it! very creative! (:

 
At March 1, 2011 at 7:33 PM , Blogger this free bird said...

Kara!! your illustration is gorge yet again and I loved her interview. Going to check out her page now...and ps did someone say something about JUSTIN BIEBER??? woohoooo!!!

xo,
Carrie

 
At March 2, 2011 at 2:30 AM , Blogger Josie said...

She's so chic and sounds like an absolute doll! I'll have to check out her blog.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

 
At March 2, 2011 at 2:43 AM , Blogger Estelle said...

Whats this about Justin Bieber??!!! I have a not so secret crush on him x x x
Thanks again Kara :)
ashandbelle.blogspot.com

 
At March 2, 2011 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Nicoletta said...

Great post.
Thanks for visiting my blog !

http://touch-your-style.blogspot.com/

 
At March 2, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Dilan D said...

thanks sweetie <3

 
At March 2, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Jess said...

What a great interview and beautiful pictures! And only 18?! She's got a lot going for her!!!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Fernanda dauphine said...

first time in your blog!

I've connected so much with the fashion bloggers too!, I really hate when I start talking about the fashion industry to my regular friends, I can see them getting bored, meeting people with the same passion is such a fulfilling experience!. and I wish I could be half as good writer as some of you guys are.

http://fashionstylerocks.blogspot.com/

 
At March 3, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Ashley [Free Honey] said...

What a great interview! I'll have to check out Estelle's site, she seems very sweet. I really like how you feature other style bloggers, it's a great way to find new bloggers and to learn what they're about before you even get to their site. I hope you keep it up!!

xo, Ashley

 
At March 3, 2011 at 11:30 PM , Blogger Kristy Elena said...

she sounds awesome! thanks for sharing her with us.

was just going through some of my past comments and saw yours. sorry i had missed it originally! i usually always try to respond to people on their own blogs within just a few days. =)


Kristy Eléna - Full Time Fabulous
Vogue Gone Rogue
Twitter: @kristyelena

 
At March 7, 2011 at 4:33 PM , Blogger The Closet Digger said...

Really great post!
Loved it!
xx

http://theclosetdigger.blogspot.com/

 
At March 7, 2011 at 7:00 PM , Blogger Michelle Lee said...

great interview :)

 
At March 21, 2011 at 4:44 AM , Blogger WE INSPIRE US said...

she seems like a great person!!!

like her looks and style ))

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home