This Page

has been moved to new address

DIY: Pink Striped Candy Cane Nails

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: DIY: Pink Striped Candy Cane Nails

Friday, December 10, 2010

DIY: Pink Striped Candy Cane Nails

What's more fun than themed nails? Ones that incorporate pink, that's what. I recently got both of these colors and couldn't decide which one to use, so I came up with another nail DIY for you. (Coincidentally, these are the same colors as the Victoria's Secret holiday shopping bags— great minds think alike, right?) These instructions are very straightforward and (I know I'll say this every time, but) they're super easy to do.

Start with a pink base coat. Cut strips of tape and place diagonally across your nails, doing one hand at a time. You can make them different sizes if you like.

Cut the tops of the tape short and press down on fingertip to make sure the polish doesn't puddle underneath. (You'll see what I mean if you don't do this.)

Paint the red on top of tape stencil.

When the red is done, carefully peel off the tape. Paint on a clear topcoat and voilà!




Colors used were:
[OPI] Color So Hot It Berns
[Essie] Knockout Pout

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At December 10, 2010 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Daniela said...

I love that! So fun for the holidays

 
At December 10, 2010 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Katy said...

Hi Kara! OMG!!! Thats so lovely! You should create a youtube acct and do a nail tutorial!! You really great at this! I would watch them:) I totally going to try this soon! thank you so much for sharing:) I am so grateful that you share this:)
xoxo,
Katy

 
At December 10, 2010 at 12:40 PM , Anonymous Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] said...

My mom always used to paint our nails like that for XMAS! Don't know if I could do it to myself but maybe we'll have a nail painting girl night one of these days ...

 
At December 10, 2010 at 1:29 PM , Blogger kristy said...

this is wonderful!!!! i love it so much. how cute, chic and festive. i want to do this to my nails!!! thanks for the inspiration! =)

Vogue Gone Rogue
Full Time Fabulous - Kristy
twitter: @kristyelena

 
At December 10, 2010 at 10:37 PM , Blogger Hanny said...

Those are pretty cool! I bet I could use the same technique to paint my nails like Van Halen's guitar!

 
At December 11, 2010 at 2:44 AM , Blogger Jennifer Fabulous said...

Your nails are so pretty! What a fabulous DIY. :)

 
At December 11, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Eleanor said...

wow this is such a good idea - im definatly going to do this - but... i was thinking for the holidays to do red and green or proper candy cane stripes with red and white! this is super cute! im excited - great post! :) xxx
http://improcrastinate.blogspot.com

 
At December 11, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahhhahahahh fantastic! I love the nailposh..and I try always a new fantasies!


http://fashionlivesalwaystwotimes.blogspot.com/

 
At December 11, 2010 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Emilie said...

hahha that's amazing!! I'll know what to do next time I'm bored :D

xxxx

lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

 
At December 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Sammy_B said...

Thanks for the tip- I love doing crazy things with my nails!

 
At December 11, 2010 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Gorge - I love the pink with the red as well. The second commenter is spot on, you should totally do a youtube tutorial!

Come enter the Licentiate giveaway!

 
At December 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM , Anonymous Denise said...

these are too cute for words!!! love it!

www.thecallbackcollection.blogspot.com

 
At December 22, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Blogger O. said...

seriously, that is amazing. I love this!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 7:59 PM , Anonymous Hot Cake Fashion, 10 Top Spring Must Haves 2011 said...

What a great idea, striping your nails like that. I have been working with nails and I've never come across this lollipop looking polish and way to paint them..Thanks, really:-)Have a Merry Christmas too..xoxox Alice

 
At December 31, 2010 at 4:55 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Oh yay!! I have to try this! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing =)
Happy New Year!
xox
Linda

Ps. Love your blog!

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home