This Page

has been moved to new address

4 nights of cooking

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: 4 nights of cooking

Monday, April 26, 2010

4 nights of cooking

I love food, but not so much cooking food. So in an attempt to hone a new skill and be more well-rounded (pun intended, I'm a dork), I'm teaching myself to cook with the help of various books and blogs. I did four meals/dishes in 4 nights and these were my results.

..........................  Night 1  ..........................

melting butter

carmelizing shallots (recipe)

chicken au champagne ( from French Women Don't Get Fat)


butter cookies, chocolate mousse and strawberries



.......................... Night 2 ..........................

salmon and champagne with a mixture of red quinoa, swiss chard, golden raisins
(recipe via Cake Batter & Bowl)

chocolate chip cookies

.......................... Night 3 ..........................

acorn squash stuffed with quinoa, leeks, turkey sausage, goat cheese, dried cranberries
(recipe via Cake Batter & Bowl)

.......................... Night 4 ..........................







roasted peppers and goat cheese on a baguette



Not bad considering I'm more of a baker than a cook. Some were kinda funky tasting, but I blame that on the strange ingredients...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home