This Page

has been moved to new address

Baked Donuts

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Baked Donuts

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Baked Donuts

Here is a yummy recipe for some baked donuts. I'm sure you've seen these mini donut pans that are out now, and thats what I used to make my first batch. I love that they're a healthier version that you don't have to deep fry. (I think the first time I saw scrumptious mini donuts was in Starbucks. They had frosting and those sparkly big sugar granules.)

The recipe I used comes right off the donut pan packaging (tried that one first to be safe, it looked harmless enough). I followed the directions exactly for the first pan and switched things up for the second.

The first pan was the classic glazed cake donut.

In the second pan were Cinnamon Bun Donuts.

The Cinnamon Bun Donuts without frosting...

...with frosting!

The finished products.

The recipe from the "Professional Essentials Nonstick Petite Donut Pan" for Cake Donuts is:

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2tsp baking powder
1tsp salt
1tbsp butter, melted (I used canola oil)
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1tsp vanilla
1/4tsp nutmeg
1/4tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325°F.
Spray pan with cooking oil (I used canola). Mix together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and beat until well blended. Fill each donut hole 2/3 full. (I put too much in mine, got 2 pans worth instead of 3... but it worked.) Bake 8 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched... don't overbake–they won't tast like donuts, more like muffins. Cool. Remove from pan and dip in glaze (1 cup confectioner's sugar and 2 tbsp hot water).

For the cinnamon buns, I added some raisins to the remaining dough and put it in the pan. Then I made a little cinnamon mixture out of cinnamon, canola oil and water (just make about a tablespoon's worth). Mix it together–it should be kind of slimy. I put a little bit on each donut and mixed it in the dough with a toothpick to give it cinnamon swirls. Bake it and when it cools, drizzle some icing on it (mix confectioner's sugar with a little bit of milk until you have the right consistency).

Eat , share and enjoy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 15, 2010 at 12:39 PM , Blogger D&D said...

ADIOS DIET!!!!!

 
At April 15, 2010 at 7:00 PM , Blogger Devon said...

*drools* those look amazing! x

 

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home