This Page

has been moved to new address

Musicals, Memories and Allegria Froyo

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sprinkles in Springs: Musicals, Memories and Allegria Froyo

Monday, March 29, 2010

Musicals, Memories and Allegria Froyo

Musicals have played an important part in my life. In my early years, I was involved in a musical theater company from about the age of 7 until about 13. I look back fondly on those years as being incredibly fun, rewarding and imaginative. There's nothing like being with some of your best friends while acting, singing, dancing and having the time of your life. Although I shied away from the spotlight, I loved the magic of the theater...rehearsals, costumes, hair and makeup, backstage antics, watching from the wings and waiting for your cue... those were the things I lived for as a child.
So it should come as no surprise that I jump at the chance to go see any kind of production, from high school to Broadway. (Don't even get me started on Broadway...I was in New York for a few days and only saw Hairspray. It was awesome, but I would have loved to see them all. If I lived in NYC, I'd have to work around the clock just to feed my musical theater addiction. But, I digress.)

This particular post is about Jersey Boys (not a typical musical in my definition, but there was singing involved, so we'll just go with it). I took my sister for an early birthday present and we loved it. I had not known anything about Franki Valli and the Four Seasons, so it was educational. In my ignorance, I was fully expecting it to be a nostalgic glimpse at the past, the good-old-days of the 50s and their melodic tunes. Something you would bring the kids to. Not the case. I would say this could be rated PG-13 considering the language...another shocker. I've never seen so much swearing onstage. Combine that with a fake murder scene, prostitution, jail time, gambling, and the jersey boy mafia family mentality, I see that group in a whole new light. (Mind you, I had never really been a fan, but had a vague impression of them.) They aren't just a group of high-pitched, sequin wearing guys.
I did like their sequin blazers during my favorite song, "Dawn." I tried to find a picture, but all I could get was this screenshot from a video on youtube. Blurry, but you can definitely see sparkles on those guys.


The blazers reminded me a lot of this blazer from Express, think sequins instead of studs:


Before being serenaded by the Four Seasons, my sister and I indulged in a little treat. A local frozen yogurt and cupcake shop, Allegria, just opened near us and has quickly become a favorite. We got some chocolate froyo, hers with Snickers and mine with Reeses. Unfortunately, time was of the essence so we only had 5 minutes to sit and enjoy, then we had to pack it up and hit the road, treats in tow. It was only until I was halfway through my delicacy that I thought of snapping a picture. Not the full masterpiece, but you get the idea.


Chocolate with Reeses


And here are some of Allegria's yummy cupcakes we enjoyed on a different day (I highly reccomend the Red Velvet):

Red Velvet (L) and Confetti (R)

For those of you in the area, Allegria is located in the Promenade at Coconut Creek. You can check out their super cute website at http://www.allegriafroyo.com/ and join their facebook page here.

Allegria Frozen Yogurt and Cupcakes
Happiness in every cup!

4437 Lyons Road

Coconut Creek, FL

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to see any and all comments!
PS-Leave a link and I'll visit your blog.

twitter, bloglovin', google

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home